Answered

Apple TV- Sonos Arc + HomePods in Other Rooms

• 5 March 2022
  • 1 reply

My main room TV audio is connected through eARC with Sonos (Arc, Sub, Plays) and other rooms in my place have HomePods.  If I am trying to play music throughout the house if I am in-between the room where the Sonos Speakers are and the HomePods are there is a distinct delay in what is being played even though they are all being airpplayed through the same device.  This just may be another case of HomePods and Sonos just don’t match well together, but any help would be great- thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 March 2022, 23:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sounds more like an Apple issue, since there’s no real connection between the HomePods and the Sonos devices, other than they are both getting data across the AirPlay 2 signal. 

The Sonos delay that you may have seen referenced before is between the ‘home theater’ room, and associated Sonos rooms. Sonos doesn’t buffer (much) digital input to the home theater room, but as soon as you group other rooms, it needs to buffer that signal so that all other rooms play in sync.