Answered

Apple Music with Alexa

• 10 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Here in the uk I can now add Apple Music as the default music service on the Alexa app. However when I ask my sonos beam to play music it still uses amazon music. It says it can’t use Apple Music if I specifically ask to play on Apple Music. Both the Alexa app and the sonos app are linked to the same Apple Music account. What am I doing wrong?!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 17 April 2019, 19:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
You are not doing anything wrong, only official amazon echo/Alexa products support it.

There are lots of Alexa things you can’t do on Sonos. Sonos Alexa support should be called Alexa Lite to be fair.
Oh. This is a shame. This is the first thing it hasn’t done, although I don’t use it too much for other things.
Is it likely to be fixed? I’m guessing the American users have had this for a few months with no fix?
Sonos has said they are looking to get Apple Music working with Alexa. In the meantime, you have to initialize playback from Apple Music via the Sonos app, but you can Skip, Rewind, Pause, Resume, and even ask what is playing via Alexa.
Thank you both for your help. Fingers crossed better integration comes soon and I can stop paying for both Apple Music and amazon music and just upgrade to a family Apple Music subscription!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we just announced that you can use Alexa to play Apple Music on Sonos, more here.
Thanks. Works great!