Answered

Amazon Music Unlimited Family accounts

• 23 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Good afternoon all,

I have just been setting up my new Beam which is awesome! I am struggling with one thing though. I have added all three of my Amazon Music Unlimited Family plan accounts in the services section of the Sonos app and the Alexa app can see the beam as one of my devices. All good so far.

Can anyone help as to how each member of my family can access their playlists using Alexa voice control. I have been talking to Alexa for ages trying to access playlists in each of the three accounts but I'm struggling. I really hope one of you has had the same experience and can help. Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 December 2019, 16:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I don’t use that type of family setup, personally speaking, but I think this maybe the way to go about it...

First, you setup family sharing (this is called an Amazon Household) via Amazon online or in the Alexa App (Settings/Account Settings/Amazon Hoysehold) and then first asked Alexa to switch to the chosen family profile added to the Sonos App… 

Example: “Alexa, switch to Ken’s Profile” before then asking Alexa to play the saved personal playlist?

Hope that helps you to get it working.👍

Badge

Thanks Ken,

I did wonder whether separate household profiles might be required. I'll give it a go.

Cheers