Question

Amazon Music Playlist and Alexa

• 19 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
So will I am waiting (and waiting) for Alexa to play from my NAS drive, I'm tempted to sign up for Amazon Music unlimited for a few months but will it be able to play playlists from that account ?

thanks

David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi David

Alexa doesn't support playing a local music library at this time. (nor does the Google Assistant) and Sonos can only start via the app. Your options are to:

- Start the music from your library with the app and then you can control via the your Echo or Sonos One;
- Pick a streaming service that is currently supported;
Userlevel 2
Badge
I think I'm willing to pay the $60.00/year for 1TB of storage on Amazon Drive so I can have better functionality with my music library, but I'm confused about the actual functionality it will buy me. If I do purchase it, will I be able to switch to/from playlists I create from my music library (which would then live in Amazon's cloud) using the Sonos app and my other music services (e.g. Pandora, iHeartRadio, Amazon Music, etc.)? What limitations would there be? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I don't use the Amazon cloud myself but if you select 'My Music' as the default service in the Alexa app>Setting>Music, Video & Books, it will search your music library first before searching any other music services you linked to your account.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201601830

You can also see your music that you've uploaded via the Alexa App>Music, Video & Books>My Music Library

Apart from the cost, the only other limitation that I'm aware of would be the possibility of specifying the source for your other music services. e.g. 'Play x from iHeartRadio'

Just follow these instructions:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201562930