Amazon Music Market Place Not Configured Correctly

HI i have spent a while trying to get alexia to play music via voice control. It will play music via the Sonos app. I can get the radio to play via voice control.. but really want to be able to play music that way.. can you help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you confirm the source of the music that you want to play? I assume that this is a streaming service, can you please check that the same service/account is added to both Alexa and Sonos.
Hi

I am a amazon prime customer so have access to this music and can play say Adele 25 via my sonos app, but if I try and get the same to play via voice control..it gives me the above message.

Interesting, the amazon app, I can see my playlist and when I try and use that to play music it errors and says, "error getting amazon music playlist information". But I can play the same from the sonos app..?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please disable then re-enable the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and retest.
hi

Did that, retested and same message - "your amazon music market place is not configured correctly for this device"
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
And if you open the Alexa app and select Music and Books>Amazon Music. Can you search and select a track to play?
HI, no it errors - Error getting Amazon Music playlist information
Please try again later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I suggest you contact Amazon in that case, as they will be able to investigate Alexa more thougherly.
hi
i spoke to them and they sorted out an issue with my amazon account using both.com and .co.uk. So made some progress, however, what they have told me to go back to sonos.

1. I am linked up to amazon prime music in both apps
2. i can play all music from amazon prime via the sonos app
3. i have been told by amazon that with sonos 1 speakers i can't play music via alexia app - i am getting no errors now after updating location.
4. reason to have alexia is to have voice command, this is not working for prime music. answer i get is set up sonos skill in alexia app.... IT IS...

HELP... please:8
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi again

Please have a look at the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
Hi

I have spent so long looking at this- can you tell me how to send a diagnostic report?

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Please open the Sonos App and select …>Settings>Advanced Settings>Submit Diagnostics. Please post the number in this thread for Sonos to investigate.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you also confirm what command you are giving Alexa?
Hi - did you ever get this resolved as I am having the same issue now too. Many thanks in advance
Not to worry - figured it out by switching my music services from Amazon.com to Amazon.co.uk, un-registering all my devices, removing voice services from Sonos and then starting again.
My problem was that I originally had an account at amazon.com (US),
and then on amazon.com I subscribed to Amazon Music in GBP Pounds using a UK address and UK creditcard.
My Sonos One speaker kept saying "Your amazon music marketplace is not configured correctly for this device", because alexa.amazon.com (US) didn't want use my UK Amazon Music subscription.
I fixed the problem by transferring (moving) my UK Amazon Music subscription to the UK website, and from alexa.amazon.COM to alexa.amazon.CO.UK

How to transfer your Amazon account between the US or UK, ".COM" or ".CO.UK" , a different Amazon Marketplace (different Amazon country),
Go to www.amazon.co.uk/mycd if you want to move your Amazon music account from UK to US,
or www.amazon.com/mycd if you want to move your Amazon music account from US to UK,
click on Preferences,
Under "Country Settings" click on "Change your country", click the "Change" button,
change the country to UK or US, this country should be the same country as your Amazon music country, so select country US if your Amazon music account is subscribed in US$ dollars, or select country UK if your Amazon music account is subscribed in UK pounds,
click the "Update" button.
Wait 10 minutes for your Amazon account to be transferred to the different Amazon Marketplace.
It is not possible to transfer Amazon.co.jp (Japan) or Amazon.cn (China) account to another marketplace.

Enable the "Sonos skill" by going to one of the websites below
UK Amazon Music account: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonos-Inc/dp/B072ML3N6K/
US Amazon Music account: https://www.amazon.com/Sonos-Inc/dp/B072ML3N6K/
Allow popup's on the above webpage because a popup webpage will then ask you to sign into your Sonos account, to link the "Sonos skill" with Alexa.

Unplug your Sonos One speaker for 10 seconds then plug it in.

Open Sonos App on your phone, click "More", click "Voice Services", click "Amazon Alexa",
click "Add to Sonos", click "connect your Alexa account", then your phone's internet browser should open and then click "Allow", Alexa will say "Hello" on your Sonos One speaker, click "Continue" on Sonos app.

Using a supported browser on a PC or Mac, go to alexa.amazon.co.uk or alexa.amazon.com, whichever one has your Amazon Music subscription, sign in, click on "Settings", click on "Music & Media", click on "Amazon Music", your Amazon Music account should already be linked, else follow the steps to link Amazon Music to Alexa.

The following will be transferred to a different Amazon marketplace (different Amazon country):
Kindle books, Audible audiobooks, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime.

The following will NOT be trasferred:
Gift cards (US$ gift card will not transfer to amazon.co.uk),
Appstore games
Prime Video rentals or purchases
Newsstand and magazine subscriptions from the Kindle Store
Kindle Unlimited
Amazon Household and Family Library profiles
Reference: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840

It might be a better option for some people to have separate accounts for Amazon US & UK.
Just remember which Amazon account has Amazon Music, and enable the "Sonos skill" from the Amazon account with Amazon music.
I think you need a US creditcard to subscribe to Amazon Music in US$, and you need a UK creditcard to subscribe to Amazon Music in UK pounds. Your Amazon Music country, your creditcard's country, and your Amazon billing address country all need to be the same country.