Answered

Amazon music is silent

• 27 November 2019
  • 3 replies

MY sonos wont play my Amazon music. I will say "Alexa play my music" Alexa will respond "Playing your music on Amazon Music". However no song will play or no sound will come out. If i mannually play through the app it will work, however when using Alexa via voice command it will not. I have updated the app after this occured to troubleshoot, relinked my amazon account, but no-joy. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by zdlatham 28 November 2019, 13:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I”m having the same problem, At first I thought it was apple music but I changed the default music source in alexa to amazon music and same thing. Alexa sees the sonos speakers but when asked to play music. nothing.

Maybe a regional issue (perhaps?) as it’s working ok for me in the U.K; tested a few seconds ago, but perhaps try a reboot of the router to renew/refresh the local network IP addresses and see if that fixes things.👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

After reading around - I got it working. I ended up disabling the sonos skill and then re-enabled and just like magic, it started working again.