Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K with LG Smart TV and second TV with Beam and Samsung Plasma Smart Issues

• 4 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I was really enjoying being able to use my main TV (labeled as a speaker on my Alexa App for some reason thru the Beam and called TV but I can't edit the name) and being able to adjust the volume and turn it on and off. I decided I wanted to use Alexa on my LG Smart in my bedroom so I order the Fire TV Stick 4K to use on it. I've installed it last night and it works okay on my tv although I would rather be able to control it thru my Sonos One in the hall by it but I can't seem to get it to link so I now have a third remote control in my bedroom which I hate.

I then started to watch tv in my main room on my Samsung thru the Beam and I cannot turn it on and off without using a remote. Alexa tells me the hub isn't hooked up right and I need to check if it's connected. It is.

I've tried a few of the suggestions on here like renaming my TV Device with the Fire stick as (Main TV) since I can't edit the TV working with my Beam as the device is greyed out and not clickable. When I ask her to shut TV off she tells me the hub isn't connected, etc. I'm a bit annoyed at this point as even prior to getting the Fire Stick, my Beam was almost competing with my Sonos One in my office and when I'd ask for my flash briefing it would repeat everything twice plus my Beam wouldn't remember my location. It's a bit of a mess and I'm hoping someone can help out. I'd like less remotes and more functionality.

So again, my Beam is hooked up to my Samsung Plasma which lists my plasma as a speaker called TV and I can't change the name or any information on the device. My Fire stick is hooked up to an LG smart tv and I have to use the remote to make it work and can no longer shut off or turn on my other tv working with the Beam by voice. I'd really really like this to work! Help please!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi

I have the exact same issue. Did you get it working at all?