Amazon Echo Spot

Hello. Does anyone know if you can control the Sonos speakers through the Amazon Echo Spot like you can with the Echo Dot? Everything I saw online said just the Echo and Echo Dot, but I couldn't find anything about the Spot.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Works fine with the the Spot. Added bonus is album art and lyrics.
Awesome, thanks. We plugged it in yesterday and it is amazing. So fun to use. Still getting used to how to phrase things to get it to work. It seems to be very specific with the phrasing.
But how do you set it up to do it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
But how do you set it up to do it?

Hi

Have you followed these steps:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3439?language=en_US
I had not! Thank you! I did get it working kind of but I think I will start over. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Let us know if you hit any specific problems. 🙂
i would love to be able to control and play music through my sonos ONLY. not through the echo spot speaker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi
Just include the Sonos room name within tbe command. e.g. 'Alexa, Play soft jazz on {Sonos Room Name}'. If you want to play a Spotify playlist, you need to include the word playlist in the command:
'Alexa, Play Piano Chill Playlist on {Sonos Room Name}'

If you have multiple players and they are grouped in the Sonos App, them asking Alexa to output to any player in the group, will output to the entire group.

Direct to a Sonos speaker requires either a Sonos One or a Beam.
yes, but it will also play out of the echo spot speaker and not in a synched fashion
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

True you can't sync across Sonos and non Sonos speakers at this time.