Amazon Echo Hub Integration

• 24 February 2024
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 2

I recently got the new Amazon echo hub. It is a small tablet designed to be mounted on the wall and used for smart home control. it has Alexa inside of it, so voice control of Sonos works. But it’s media control capabilities don’t work. This means I can’t control Sonos from the touchscreen. Of course this will work perfectly with an echo speaker. And doing a little bit of research. It looks like Sonos needs to update their skill to add support for some new API’s that will allow Sonos to show up in the active media app on this device as well as the Show devices. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Feelingmuchbetter 

As you said Sonos supports Alexa integration but that doesn’t include any other Amazon multiroom or local library services. 
And to get a discount you just have to own one of the legend products. No need to trade in anything. 

Don’t want a discount. Don’t want to spend more money. Want the S2 app to be backward compatible. 

Don’t need you to repeat what I wrote. No value add. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Feelingmuchbetter 

Ok, then unfortunately nobody will be able to help you. S2 was made as a next level system and never will support old devices that just run on S1.