Question

Amazon app crashes when setting up Sonos One

• 19 January 2018
  • 12 replies

Cant complete setup because the App crashes

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
May want to reboot phone and if still issue maybe reboot router.
This is a strange forum setup --- anyway, every time I try to set up the alexa with my sonos one the Amazon app crashes. I can't complete the set up because of this. I've tried rebooting, nothing. Suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is strange I haven't seen this issue. Do you have another phone you can try from?
Yeah, I can try my work phone. Good Idea
That did it. For the record, the phone I was having an issue with was a Pixel 2 with Android 8.1
Same issue here. Pixel 2 XL with Android 8.1. Sonos keeps causing the Amazon app to crash preventing me from adding Alexa support to my sonos: one speakers. I unfortunately only have pixel phones in the household to do my set up.
So this does appear to be a bug. How does one report bugs to Sonos?

Steve
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think it has somethjng to do more with issues the users phones were having from a network side.
Sonos customer service provided little to no help and suggested this was an Amazon app problem and to contact them. I am going to follow up with Amazon but not very confident they'll be able to help.

The issue only occurs while I'm active in the Sonos app when it tries to log into my Amazon /Alexa account to activate the Alexa portion of my sonos speakers.

I submitted a bug report to Amazon each time it crashes and allows me to send it but the issue on my phone is the interplay between the Sonos app and it accessing the Amazon account. Sonos didn't say whether others had reported this.

For now the speakers work fine but I can't use any portion of the Alexa services on them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Let’s clear up any network issues on phone. Tell phone to forget your home WiFi in its settings. Reboot your phone and router to make sure then no outstanding network issue. Then add your home WiFi back to your phone.

Then see what happens run alexa app and Sonos skill.
Ok, I'll run through these steps and report back. Thanks!
Chris, thank you very much.

I forgot my home wifi network on my cell phone and reset and restarted my router. When everything loaded back up on the router I re-logged in to my home wifi network on my phone and ran through the set up on the Sonos app for alexa and it all worked!

Hopefully this helps others.