Answered

Amazon Alexa wont connect to apps on Beam

• 2 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I changed internet providers and now Alexa won't connect to Pandora or Audacy

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 October 2023, 11:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Steve Hauck, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Changing internet service provider shouldn’t cause problems with music services on your Sonos system, so it’s strange that they’ve stopped working with Alexa. So we have a little more information on the issue, are you only experiencing this with Pandora and Audacy or, if you try another music service, do you have the same issue?

By saying “Alexa wont connect”, do you mean Alexa confirms the commands after receiving them but doesn’t play anything or a different issue entirely?

I would suggest you reauthorize Pandora and Audacy in the Sonos app by going into Settings → Services & Voice → Pandora/Audacy → Reauthorize Account. I would also suggest you remove and re-add the Sonos skill in the Alexa app, as this can clear up any issues and re-establish the connection between Alexa and Sonos.

I hope this information helps!

Alexa confirms the the command but will not connect. Alexa will mute and unmute the TV audio when commanded. I will try your suggestion. Thanks. 

Did everything you suggested. No change. I did notice that when Alexa looks for new devices, it can’t find any because they are already connected. Does that mean anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Steve Hauck,

Unless you removed Alexa from the Sonos app and Sonos from Alexa app, then Alexa not finding any new devices shouldn’t mean anything.

I would check that, in the Alexa app, Pandora and Audacy, are added as music services and that their Alexa skill (if applicable) is enabled. If they are enabled, try disabling and re-enabling them. It’s also worth checking if Alexa understood your command, which you can check in Alexa > More > Activity > Voice History.

If adding the service and enabling the music service skills in the Alexa app don’t help, I would recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to help you troubleshoot your system.