Answered

Amazon Alexa is not available in your country?? (Brazil)

• 20 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Amazon Alexa is fully supported in Brazil, including full Portuguese-BR support and Amazon sells the full Echo product range on the Amazon Brazil store.

And yet, the Sonos app tells me that Alexa isn’t available here??

This is so frustrating because I went through a huge ordeal to bring a sonos arc to Brazil (its massive and I had to bring it through a separate cargo package as it doesn’t fit the luggage. And I bought it specially because the out of the box integration with Alexa groups and therefore echo products.

This is very disappointing and I hope this is fixed soon :(

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 20 August 2022, 22:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Amazon Alexa availability on Sonos would have informed you that Brazil is not a supported country.

Even a search on this forum would show applicable results:

Blame Amazon for not yet allowing support.

Userlevel 1

For your first point: Like I said, Alexa is officially supported by Amazon in Brazil and I have a number of 3rd party devices working without issues, no workarounds needed. So it never even crossed my mind the thought that Sonos wouldn’t work with Alexa here.

As for searching the forum: I did. I searched before posting this question and all the answers said that it should work as long as Alexa supports it. The one you shared was the first I saw that mentioned 3rd party limitations 

I think that it would be Sonos who should sort out with Amazon and not otherway around. They may have strong reasons and agreements when they integrated alexa in Sonos products. Alexa just would not have been incorporated in Sonos with out an agreement. 

iam (along with many others) is going through the same in UAE, as alexa is available but not yet working with Sonos. Due to this i did not even unpack my sonos 5 new one!

Userlevel 1

Honestly I think it’s a lack of will from Sonos to reach out to Amazon and do the bureaucratic work…

There are requests for this for over 2 years, if Sonos wanted to do it they would.

It be good to know if they’ll ever do it if we wait or if they won’t bother at all.

I have an arc and 2 One Sl right now and it’d love to expand it to the entire home replacing my Google Home stuff with Sonos + Alexa, but if they won’t ever support Alexa I’ll need to find another solution.