Amazon Alexa and Google Calendar

Badge
I just bought a Sonos Beam and it set up easily and everything works well with the exception of "Alexa, what's on my calendar for today?'" I can only get a response from my echo dot...neither my Sonos Beam nor my Sonos One can get this info for me...they don't seem to be able to access my Google Calendar and I get the "Hmmm, something went wrong." reply. This is the same response I get when I ask the same question on my Sonos One

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Mu Sonos One is doing this as well. I am sure it worked before although I don't often ask it to read my calendar. Alexa on my phone can access it OK but not Alexa on Sonos. It is set up and logged in to my alexa account before anyone suggests that.
I have found the same thing. I have four Sonos One Speakers and all were connecting to Google Calendar but not any longer!! What has happened?? I thought it might be two step verification, but you only get the option to put the main Google password in, not a generated code.
Userlevel 2
My Sonos One started having the same problem last week. Still not resolved. I can assure you that it definitely used to work. Hopefully Sonos can look at it!
Having exactly the same problem and really annoying me to the point I might return the speaker if it was not for the really nice sound!! Alexa on my phone can access it OK but not Alexa on Sonos. I also set it up following the guidance etc. Be good if Sonos could resolve this integration with Alexa.
I have reported this to the support team and linked to this community topic. Hopefully they will answer here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we're looking into this one and I'll let you know if I hear any news for you on the issue. Thanks for posting!
Also happening with Apple Calendar
I have the same problem with Microsoft Outlook.COM calendar.
Cuando funcionará Alexa en México?en el play one
Yes same problem for me...
I bought the Sonos One yesterday and am having the same problem linking my Apple Calendar. When I ask Alexa about my upcoming appointments, I simply get “sorry there is a problem”.
Same here with Google
Seems to be working with Google Calendar yesterday and today. Not sure what has changed but it works for me now. 😳