Answered

All Alexa sound and music through Sonos by default

• 12 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Sonos is my "whole-house" music system. I also use Amazon music as my source for most music. I would like an option to have all sound and music that comes via Alexa to be played through Sonos by default - so that I don't have to call out the room ID every time. Is something like this in the works between Sonos and Amazon?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 May 2018, 23:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The ability to assign an Echo to a particular Sonos room is in the works. The ability to have all Echo audio come out of a Sonos is probably not in the cards.
Any updates on this functionality? I have my sonos setup in living room and would like all audio to come out of it, but I can't find any settings for that.
Any updates on this functionality? I have my sonos setup in living room and would like all audio to come out of it, but I can't find any settings for that.

There are no plans to have all Alexa audio playing on the Sonos device.
What about the feature you mention that is 'in the works'. even just playing music out of my sonos by default would be acceptable.
What about the feature you mention that is 'in the works'. even just playing music out of my sonos by default would be acceptable.

Sonos has stated they are working with Amazon to allow assignment of Sonos devices to a default Echo device. When it will be here is anyone's question.