Question

Alexa won't change song anymore on Deezer

• 30 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Before Christmas I was able to start Deezer playing from my phone and tell Alexa to play next song. Now she says she can only change playback mode when music is playing. Why has it lost this ability and can anyone help me get it back please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post but I don't use Deezer and so I thought I would leave it a while. Can you first try selecting Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and 'Disable' followed by 'Enable' and then retest. Also, can you confirm the command syntax that you are using?
Hi UKMedia,

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your instruction and disabled and re-enabled Sonos in my Alexa app however I'm still getting the same response.

I have used the phrases "Next song", "Play next song" and the response I receive is: "I can change the playback mode only when music is playing".

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Have you tried including the Room name in the command?

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4343?_ga=2.84086809.1095743978.1506552577-1491669311.1488879254&_gac=1.115001333.1513438473.CjwKCAiApdPRBRAdEiwA84bo36CbdZtg66i3wMcDJKvFD7Xk_0O62ZmsCjpuschVjtghxDfD1ZepUhoC9IcQAvD_BwE
This afternoon I have tried your suggestion and it worked, however following that Alexa now seems to allow me to use the simple commands I was using all along! I don't know why it temporarily stopped working, but thank you very much for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news, Happy New Year!:$
You too - thanks again!