Answered

Alexa whisper in Era 100 not working

• 29 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Alexa whisper in Era 100 not working, is it normal?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 August 2023, 17:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sol 123 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That kind of depends on how you define “normal”. It is currently expected behaviour, but not intended behaviour.

There’s a related issue which has prevented customers from designating Era speakers as Alexa-enabled devices in an Alexa room. Until recently, we thought this issue was restricted to Germany, but reports have now come from other locations.

I recently flagged the changed impact of this issue with the engineering team, so I expect some movement on this at some point. I cannot give you any indication of how long that may take, however. It should be resolved at some point, however.

In short, there isn’t any thing you can do to get it to work, but it should work in the future.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

There’s a related issue which has prevented customers from designating Era speakers as Alexa-enabled devices in an Alexa room. Until recently, we thought this issue was restricted to Germany, but reports have now come from other locations.

Corry, this is not even close to true. This was reported outside Germany 5 months ago, and since then it has been reported over and over again by more than a dozen people outside of Germany, in multiple threads in this community.

I’ve been a Sonos customer a very long time, so I’m very used to waiting months or years for simple bug fixes. But lying isn’t going to help anything, please try to be honest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirk33 

I’m not lying. I just didn’t explain every stage of the geographical evolution of the issue.

After being an issue everywhere at the Era launch, it got reduced to being Germany only. Even more recently, it has started affecting speakers outside of Germany again. At least, that’s how we saw it - if we don’t get cases indicating that there are issues, we won’t know about them.

People saying a thing here on the forum with no diagnostics or details (AKA proof) just don’t get counted. This is why we repeatedly request that people get in touch with our technical support team when there is a new problem - it won’t get addressed with any kind of priority if there’s only one support case relating to it. Only when there are multiple people reporting the same issue here on the forum at once will it trigger a full response, and in those cases, there are generally people calling in too anyway.

Hello, thank you both.

I live in Spain. I have already contacted the support team, they have told me that they will take it into account but I don't know if it will be enough.