Alexa wake word issues

• 22 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi - I currently own 3 Sonos Ones, all located in different rooms of my house. Alexa worked perfectly fine on each of these after the initial set up. I was quite impressed as it could even hear the wake word when music was playing quite loudly.

However, after a week or so of use, Alexa's sensitivity to the wake word while music is playing diminishes dramatically (on all 3 speakers at different times) - this gets to the point where I have to stand right next to the speaker and literally shout into the microphones to get it to hear me, even with only quiet music playing.

I have found that this problem can be fixed when it occurs by turning the microphones on each speaker off and on again via the button on top of the unit. However, about a week later the problem will return. Again I will fix it by turning the mic off and on, but again it will return.

Has anyone else experienced similar? Is Sonos aware of this issue and is there an update planned to fix it? It is getting extremely annoying!

Thanks

Nick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Yes, Sonos is well aware of the issue, and are working on a fix, we’re told. They can at times be infuriatingly slow to push out updates, however.