Question

Alexa volume Steps too large

• 22 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I would like to know if others feel the same way about Alexa’s volume steps being too large. In my living room I have a Playbar and two Play Ones so the Volume is louder than just having a single speaker. When I ask Alexa to change from volume one to two, the difference is too great! I have to keep reaching for the app to find a level in between manually.
It would be much better to either introduce a scale of 1-100, but I understand that would be harder to achieve for Sonos as it’s an Alexa scale used on all their products. Instead, how about a mode (similar to night mode which handles compression) where you can have half power? For my everyday needs I currently don’t go past volume 4 anyway, but if half power was introduced then it would mean this would become 8 which would give me an extra step in between.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You of course have more scale when using the app. Even some think it is difficult to get the perfect spot with the slider volume and prefer number scale. I know some people will use Sonosequencer to set exact volume levels.