Answered

Alexa voice volume is too loud

Alexa volume is too loud and does not respond to normal volume control. Even if music is is at its lowest level, Alexa still sounds like it is at 10.

This is bizarre. Can't use this device with other people are resting or sleeping anywhere in our small house. 

When will this be fixed? 

icon

Best answer by Chris 27 March 2020, 02:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Welcome to the Sonos forum Mike4611 -

Hopefully in the new version coming out in May/June period where they will have more memory options to play with.   Your device has much more powerful hardware then they have been able to utilize because they have had to make firmware compatible with 10 year old devices.   Now that they are splitting the firmware into legacy and modern, devices like yours should be able to do a lot more.

Userlevel 1

It seems like the Beam’s Alexa was just fine up until a few months ago. Then she got loud.  We did recently add the Sub, but I don’t think that (solely) made it sound much louder.

Hi

have the new software and agree with the above, Sonos One is on min volume and the voice is always loud. Not useful for my neighbours or me when late at night. 

The devices are under 3 years old and have all the latest software updates. 

The Sonos Move is good, but we are unhappy with Alexa’s speaking volume. It is often way too loud, and cannot be controlled reasonably. We are disabling Alexa on Move, and unhappy about having to do it. Can not recommend this product because of it. 

Badge

New Sonos 1 with Alexa in.

From testing, it's clear that Alexa and Sonos do not have aligned volume mapping.

Speaking to my Sonos 1: “Alexa, set your volume to 1”

This sets the Sonos to 10 and Alexa to 1 (which has the same loudness as my main Echo at Vol 5)

Using the mobile S2 app, I can turn the Sonos volume down a further 10 clicks after the above command.
In the Alexa App you can only go Silent from here or louder. (seems to only have 10 points of volume, no more granular percentage control)

Turning up my Sonos using voice: “Alexa, set your volume to 5”

turns my Sonos to 50 (or what looks like the halfway point on the volume bar in the S2 app)

my Alexa app also centres the volume at 5 (or 50%) this is loud enough, that i can hear it through 3 closed doors, 3 flights up, while I cannot hear the music while it is playing.

It is louder than my main Echo when that is set to 10

The volume mapping between the Ai and Sonos needs to re-align and/or the Ai needs a separate volume control that is not impacted by the generic volume commands (The normal Echos need this 2
Would love to hold the Ai at Vol 2 and only have media adjust unless specified otherwise.)

Also noticed older Sonos Play:3 volume is no longer lowered when speaking with Alexa Echo devices in the same room. Probs an echo update rather than Sonos, but thought I would include here.

Thanks.

New Sonos 1 with Alexa, also. 

I use the device in the house whilst others sleep and whilst I can’t hear the music-audio from the other room with the doors open, I can hear the AI clear-as-day even with two doors closed between. It’s waking people up!

Surely the very least the device should do is align the AI voice volume to the device volume? An ideal solution would of course allow for the AI voices to be set independently of the Playback volume. 

Yep.  Really need the Sonos arc to have separate volume control for Alexa’s voice.  I would ideally want it to be at a 4 but my Sonos arc volume for TV to be at a 5

Me too. Sonos 1 Alexa is way too loud and cannot turn her down independent of the music. This needs a fix

Oddly, I’m experiencing the opposite effect. The Alexa volume is far too low. Even with the TV volume above normal levels the Alexa voice is barely audible.

Please fix this!!!

Carl

Please fix this the Alexa volume on my Sonos Ones and Sonos Arc are ridiculous.  The acknowledgment tone is so loud that Alexa often misses what I actually said on the Sonos Arc.  Yesterday the Arc added ‘knives’ instead of ‘chives’ to my grocery list, this never happens with other Alexa speakers.  

Oddly, I’m experiencing the opposite effect. The Alexa volume is far too low. Even with the TV volume above normal levels the Alexa voice is barely audible.

Please fix this!!!

Carl

I have the same situation, any solution?

Alexa connects without calling her, the volume is too high. It's very problematic at night. Please fix the audio problem with Alexa. Thank you