Alexa Voice control issue on Era 100

• 31 December 2023
  • 28 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Need to repeat Alexa several times on ERA 100 to activate it. When using Alexa about 50% of the time after saying Alexa the light goes out and it stops listening, I have to say Alexa a couple of times before it actually works ... See the video

28 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I’m having the exact same thing with my era 100 and Alexa. Driving me nuts. Just uninstalled and reinstalled Alexa voices skill to see if helps.

If I say ‘Alexa’ and then nothing else the light and mic stays lit and on, but as soon as I start saying a command after ‘Alexa’ the light and mic go off. 

How am I best submitting an error report to Sonos to get this fixed?

This is the issue I have too. The microphone/light shut off after saying Alexa before I can complete the voice command. Only a problem on my Era 100..

I have the same issue and told the same thing - they’re looking into it and a fix will happen eventually.

Also advised to keep an eye on the release notes for any fixes that might help - Release notes for Sonos S2 | Sonos

Hoping they get it sorted. I don’t remember ever not having this problem with these speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Maybe there are some good news…