Answered

Alexa unable to control Spotify on Play 1

• 14 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
I’m using an Echo Dot with a couple of Sonos Play 1’s, I cant however get Alexa to play Spotify on my Play 1’s. Alexa just returns “Spotify is not supported on this device”

If I start my Spotify stream from the Sonos or Spotify App then Alexa can control volume and track but I can’t control by artist, album or playlist

Should this work or is it just a case of waiting for a Sonos update?
icon

Best answer by Johnnie Walker 14 October 2017, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
"You can use Alexa to start playing from Amazon Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, TuneIn Radio, and we’re working to bring Spotify controls in the future too."
See this post: https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301
Badge +1
Thank you. Nice to see it’s in the pipeline.
Hi I am experiencing the same problem. Has it now been resolved as I am struggling to sort it. I’ve been through the set up process.
Userlevel 2
I am experiencing the same problem as well and would think that this would have been taken care of in the year it has taken to bring this product to the market.
Is there any other limitations that I should be aware of?