Alexa turns one room off when i ask for music in another room

• 21 November 2017
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos one in the bedroom and when asked Alexa plays an album.
I then go into the kitchen and ask alexa on an echo dot to play a different album on my two play ones , the music starts but it turns off the music in the bedroom ?
Any ideas please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
I am having the exact same issue. Both of my kids have a sonos one in their bedroom and I have playbar, sub, and two ones in the living room. If one of my kids are playing music in their bedroom and I ask Alexa to play as song in the Living Room, it cuts their song off completely. Does someone have a solution for this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your using Amazon Music as account I believe they currently allow only one stream at a time via Alexa.

If you use controller/sonos app instead of alexa should be able to play in both.
If Alexa made it easier to play from other sources it might not be such an issue....

I have seen the same issue, but Alexa always defaults to Amazon music. Has anyone been able to get a free service like Pandora to work through an attached Alexa?
Badge
I am using Spotify. I understand that I can use the Sonos controller to get them playing in both rooms. However, I bought my Sonos Ones to be able to control each of them with my voice not with the Sonos App.
Any comments from Sonos?
I have exactly the same problem that when I am using my Echo Dot (Alexa) in conjunction with sonos, that I am only able to play in one room at once (just Amazon music).
Same issue I have 2 sonos Ones and I am using Spotify, I can play different stations while manually using the sonos but Alexa cuts off music to the other room