Answered

alexa trouble

• 3 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello every one I picked up a lovely pair of sonos 1 gen 2 s18’s the other day.

They are in my sonos app as a steep pair they are streaming Spotify and amazon music through their apps but Alexa is just being DUMB she keeps saying hmm and enable the skill whilst the skills are enabled!

I have another sonos 1 which she works perfectly on. Amazon were useless in finding an answer. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Razorblade 5 September 2023, 00:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Razorblade, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It would be worth removing and re-adding the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. This is a simple process and helps re-establish the connection between Sonos and Alexa without having to remove it completely. 

If that doesn’t help, then I’d suggest asking the Alexa on Sonos Ones you’re having issues with the following command: “Alexa, what account is this?”. If the account name is different to the one you have in the Alexa app, then you will need to remove Alexa from the Sonos app and add it again.

If both steps above don’t help resolve your issue, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further assistance as they have the necessary tools to help you troubleshoot this issue. 

I hope this information helps!

Hi there I only have 1 amazon account in the entire family so I can’t see that being the cause? I will ask her though. 
I have tried disabling and restoring the skills but to no luck.

thanks anyway 

After a hell of a day and night following sonos and amazon advice I finally resolved the issue.

What seemed to do it one last time was the removal and replacement of the sonos skill that was the first thing I tried as advised above!

Things got so bad today my wife wanted every sonos out the house and replaced with dots!!!!!

Well it’s over and for now the sounds flows 

thanks again