Alexa talks over beginning of track

• 24 April 2018
  • 7 replies

When I ask Alexa to play a track, it acknowledges the request vocally but the music starts before Alexa has finished its acknowledgement. So the first fre notes are masked. Any way to pause the beginning of the music until Slexa has finished talking?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, pjsec1. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I've seen this happen before and the resolution had to do with a conflict between Echo Dots and their Sonos One. Could you tell us a little more detail about the Smart devices in your home that Alexa is set up on? Do you have multiple Amazon accounts in the household?

Thanks!
Hi
I have two Sonos 1 speakers set up as a stereo pair in one room.
I have a separate Amazon Echo device in a different room out of range of the Sonos 1 speakers.
There a 3 Amazon accounts in the household but the Amazon devices (Sonos and Echo) are linked to just one account.
I have no smart devices other than iPhone and iPad, both of which have Sonos app installed.

Any thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hmmm, at this point I would recommend giving our technicians a call to have a closer look. They are able to set up a remote session and check out alexa.amazon.com with you to ensure that Sonos is set up to work properly with Alexa. While I think there may be something between the Amazon account set up on Sonos and the account on the Echo, I think it would be faster and more efficient to figure this out in real time, rather than one post at a time.

Thanks for your patience.
Will do. Thanks, Keith.

Philip
Did you get this resolved? I just got a new Sonos One and it does the same thing. Music starts as Alexa is still talking.
Badge
I had similar issue, try going into settings on Amazon Alexa app, then Alexa Account, then Alexa Voice Responses and turn on Brief Mode.....
I had read elsewhere that this is a known issue and that there is (was) no fix yet. I haven’t looked into this recently but it seems that there is a fix. (Thanks Shun65). I will give “Brief Mode” a go.