Answered

Alexa stopped working on Sonos in my country (Poland)

• 1 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

For over 6 months I was able to use Alexa on my 4 Sonos devices (3 x Sonos One + Sonos Beam). It was working much better than Google Assistant and I was able to control my smart home devices this way. However, few weeks ago Alexa stopped responding correctly to some of the commands and last week it declined to work completely. 

When trying to troubleshoot the issue I removed Sonos skill from Alexa. Unfortunately, now I cannot add it back. When trying to add Alexa in the Sonos app I can see a message “Amazon Alexa is not available in your country”. 

Is there any way to bring back the Alexa to Sonos? It was working perfectly fine in English. I was wondering if the Sonos team could disable the geographical restriction in Amazon Skills store?

I’m really angry as my choice to buy 5 devices (Beam, 3 Sonos One and one One SL) was driven mostly by the Alexa support few months ago...

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 October 2022, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sonos has always had a FAQ that lists which countries it would work in. If I were to guess, it’s likely Amazon that went to a new version of geo-locking access.