Skip to main content
Answered

Alexa stopped working on one of my Sonos One speakers

• 20 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I tried the newish Sonos voice assistant and gave up on it. It was randomly hearing things from my tv and suddenly playing music. I tried using it when I got the Era 300. I already had Alexa set up. So I had both turned on for a bit. Turned off the Sonos voice assistant and at some point noticed that one of my speakers no longer worked with Alexa and the microphone would not turn on. When I go into settings to add Alexa it says it’s already added to that speaker. And yet when I go to the voice assistant settings, it only lists some of my other speakers. It shows I could remove Alexa from those but it does not show me the speaker that is malfunctioning. I have tried resetting the speaker. No luck. I also just now realized that while Alexa works fine on my bedroom pair, that pair is not listed in the Alexa settings in the Sonos app. It has Kitchen and Media Room but not the Bedroom pair or the malfunctioning Bathroom speaker. How do I fix this? Are some of my Sonos speakers too old now to work with Alexa even though they were designed to? 

1 reply

Contacted Sonos support via chat. All I had to do was reset to factory settings and re-add the speaker to my system. Problem solved.