Question

Alexa stopped playing through sonos play 5 gen 1

• 10 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I have two echo dots and one echo input in three different areas on the same network.

My my first dot, in the kitchen, and next to my Sonos Play 5 gen 1, recently stopped streaming to Sonos. It was working fine but not sure why it stopped. Alexa says that it’s playing the track on Sonos (which is what the ply 5 is called) but nothing comes through the speaker.

I can can play to the Sonos directly through other devices on Spotify through my iPhone 6s Andy so can my wife through hers.

Im not sure if it’s something recent that I changed, but can’t figure out what. The Sonos is the preferred speaker setup on the kitchen dot.

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
First thing is to open the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills and Disable then Enable the Sonos skill.
Thanks,

I removed the device and reinstalled it on the Alexa app which fixed the problem yesterday, but this morning it stopped working again.

Ill try your recommendation and follow up.