Answered

Alexa stopped playing on Move

• 18 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Three days ago my Sonos Move stopped working with Alexa commands… Nothing to my knowledge has changed. Its just stopped listening!

I have tried all the resets that are advised etc and still nothing… help? 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 21 March 2024, 17:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You haven’t completed your profile, so it’s very difficult to help you but if you have an S1 system then there is an outage currently: 

https://status.sonos.com/

Yes it’s a Move 1 so that’s helpful! Thanks. Would be good to know when I might be fixed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There is no Move 1, only the Move and the Move 2. The Move is both S1 and S2 capable. Are you running S1?

Sorry S1… on the original Move… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @WoodyWoo13 and all,

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test.

If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Hello @WoodyWoo13 and all,

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test.

If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

hi Sotiris

I have updated my system and tried everything again and still no joy! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @WoodyWoo13,

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.

Have a look on the following Support Article Alexa commands not working on Sonos, most importantly try the below:

Re-enable the Sonos skill
Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games → Your Skills → Sonos → Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, as suggested on my first reply, please contact our Support Team for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.