Answered

Alexa starts playing music on her own, thru Sonos hours after I've gone to bed

• 14 October 2017
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Unplugging a dot wouldn't keep a command that has already been sent up to the cloud from executing at a later point.
Had to sign up just to post here as well.

I was in the shower this morning at 5am and came out to both my Sonos One blasting Avicii. I was alone in the apartment and certainly didn't give any voice commands. Hadn't played music on it since saturday,
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Had to sign up just to post here as well.

I was in the shower this morning at 5am and came out to both my Sonos One blasting Avicii. I was alone in the apartment and certainly didn't give any voice commands. Hadn't played music on it since saturday,

Next time this happens, can you submit a diagnostic?
It's has happened to me now, in the UK. Woke at 1:30am to find my new Sonos BEAM belting out some music I've never played. Checked the app, and the music had been called by Alexa (not me). Also queued but paused on my Echo show in another room. I'll submit a report next time (if there is one) - what's going on????
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's has happened to me now, in the UK. Woke at 1:30am to find my new Sonos BEAM belting out some music I've never played. Checked the app, and the music had been called by Alexa (not me). Also queued but paused on my Echo show in another room. I'll submit a report next time (if there is one) - what's going on????

Hi

Can you please open the Alexa App>Reminders & Alarms and select your Beam in the drop down list at the top (Not the Sonos Room Name) and check that there are no Alarms set? It appears to be a good joke with some people! 🙂