Answered

Alexa-Spotify Issues

• 14 May 2018
  • 1 reply

I have set up Alexa, with Sonos skill enabled in the app along with Spotify being default music service. I then try to ask Alexa to play a certain playlist/song/artist and I get the response of “Go to app and enable Sonos skill” which I have already done.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue? One of the main selling points of Sonos One is Alexa Voice control with music services and currently can’t do this. Doesn’t anybody know how to solve this?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 May 2018, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

This is normally due to a mix up on your Spotify or Amazon accounts. To test, can you open the Alexa app and log into your Amazon account. Then please select 'Music, Video & Books' and select your Sonos One from the drop down list near the title and then select Spotify. You should then see a button 'Go to Spotify App'. If you select this does it display the correct Spotify account?

Can you also check that you have the same Spotify account added to both the Sonos and Alexa accounts?