Question

Alexa Speaker Groups not working.

• 29 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi - 

I’ve used speaker groups for a while now, but recently disabled it.  

Is anyone having trouble with this Alexa still?  It used to work great but is not working now.

When I go to drill into the skill details, it just blinks and eventally times out back to the generic skills list.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not following, a little confused by the use of  ‘skill’ when describing Alexa groups.  I access the groups by going to the Alexa app → devices, and never get any errors.

Bill_67
Forgive me, but I’m also lost with the wording in your post.🤔 How does "drilling into the skill details’ have an affect on the Amazon Alexa Groups?

In very simple ‘general’ terms…

• The first section of an Alexa group holds the voice controller devices, which duck their playing audio when addressed by a user.
  • The middle section of an Alexa group can hold sonos devices that will also duck their audio, but is not a voice controller device.
  • The third ‘preferred’ section is for the playback/control of the requested audio. If there is more than one device in this section, the chosen sonos devices will auto-group for such playback purposes.