Answered

Alexa- 'sorry that device is offline'

• 18 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Having problems playing Spotify through voice control, Alexa saying 'sorry, that device is off line'. No problems playing through an app control. Deeply frustrating! Any help welcome!
icon

Best answer by Smilja 18 February 2019, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Go to the Sonos app and remove voice services from the room settings. Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa app and subsequently re-enable it. See if that helps.
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it didn't work...... me and Alexa are not currently friends....
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it didn't work...... me and Alexa are not currently friends....Depending on the type of speaker you are playing to, does the Alexa link (if present) in the speakers 'room settings' show you as being logged into the correct Amazon Account?... it will show the login username, if not, then reauthorise the device to use/share with Alexa services.
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it didn't work...... me and Alexa are not currently friends....
First things first: You've got an Sonos ONE or Beam?
Sonos One
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it didn't work...... me and Alexa are not currently friends....Depending on the type of speaker you are playing to, does the Alexa link (if present) in the speakers 'room settings' show you as being logged into the correct Amazon Account?... it will show the login username, if not, then reauthorise the device to use/share with Alexa services.
The correct account is showing.
Sonos One
Try the following:

1. Go to your Sonos app and remove voice services from the room settings
  2. Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa app
  3. Go to the following page on a web browser: https://alexa.amazon.com
  4. Then go to Smart Home > Devices > Scroll to the bottom and click Forget All
  5. Go back to the Sonos app and configure voice services
Moderator note: In addition to the above, if you are having issues with Alexa on Sonos, please have a look here.