Question

Alexa sorry im having trouble understanding

• 15 September 2019
  • 2 replies

So I bought a pair of sonos one's in april because I wanted to combine great speakers with an alexa app. Boy has this been a nightmare. One problem after another. Called sonos on record at least a dozen times and they couldn't get the problems solved. They told me I needed a boost so spent $100 on that amd still had issues. Finally customer service told me its verizon and my routers fault and I should reach out to them even though I have 32 wireless devices being controlled on my network and never had an issue and I got the boost. Bs on them!

Finally i reached out to a local installer who knows what they are talking about and who helped me for free get it to almost work. This guy was better than all 12 of the sonos technicians. Crazy. So now I can play music in stereo thru the speakers but cant get Alexa to work.

I have that same error message that dozens of posters have reported in this community. Funny I never see a post that describes what the fix is. Does anyone know? We've tried everything! I really dont want to sell my sonos gear and take a loss but I'm close to moving on. Glad to see that so many people report the same issue. Why cant sonos fix it going on for years it seems??? Adam K

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have this problem when my Sonos One go disconnected from Internet (often in a day also if the router is at 2 meters). The only solution is always to restart Sonos
Userlevel 7
Hi aj523\

You aren't going to like this answer...but Alexa problems can be traced back to internet issues and /or Wi-Fi 99% of the time.

A_Do you have any range extenders in play? If so unplug them and reboot your router and test Alexa.
B_Have you checked your routers admin page for updates and installed them if available?
C_Have you:
  1. Signed out of Alexa in the Sonos app
  2. Deleted the Sonos skill in Alexa,
  3. Signed out of your Alexa account and back in again
  4. Added the Sonos skill in Alexa
  5. Signed back into Alexa in the Sonos app
  6. Tested Alexa
That's all I have at this juncture. Maybe another member can add to this.

Cheers!