Answered

Alexa - sonos Setup

• 5 October 2017
  • 11 replies

I have successfully logged in and linked both my Amazon account and Sonos account, added the Sonos skill to Alexa. Aleax wont discover any of my Sonos speakers .. just says there has been an error discovering your devices
icon

Best answer by Gordon H 5 October 2017, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Same problem here.:(
Badge
Me too!!:(
Badge
Update! Got it working, disabled the Sonos skill and then reconnected and then asked Alexa to discover devices and she found all my speakers.
Disabled, then reconnected. Still does not discover my Sonos devices.
same problem. disabled & reconnected -- still does not discover devices
Userlevel 2
Do you need an alexa hardware device or should device discovery work fine with only the Alexa App (Android Phone)? I do not have any Alexa branded devices yet.
Try saying discover devices rather than press the button. Worked for me
I got mine to work. I didn't have my Echo setup correctly in the Alexa App on my phone. Go to Alexa App, Click on the 4 little lines upper left hand corner, Settings. Mine just showed My Name Amazon Apps. You should see your Amazon Device here. If you do not then click on Set Up New Device. So mine was not set up correctly on my wifi. Give it a try! Working now.
Userlevel 1
Try saying discover devices rather than press the button. Worked for me

Thank you!! That fixed my issue!
I got mine to work. I didn't have my Echo setup correctly in the Alexa App on my phone. Go to Alexa App, Click on the 4 little lines upper left hand corner, Settings. Mine just showed My Name Amazon Apps. You should see your Amazon Device here. If you do not then click on Set Up New Device. So mine was not set up correctly on my wifi. Give it a try! Working now.
This worked for me. My Echo(Alexa) was working fine, so was Sonos so they were connected to wifi, but I reconnected Echo and finally got it to see Sonos and control it. Very nice, thank you!!!