Answered

Alexa SONOS and HUE (in Germany)

Hi SONOS-Team,

currently having problems with Alexa/SONOS in combination with Philips HUE.

Both Systems use same commands in Germany ("Alexa, lower volume in living room" => "Alexa, Wohnzimmer leiser") is dimming the HUE lights instead of lowering the volume 😉
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 October 2017, 00:49

That's more than likely an issue with the way Alexa treats the commands, I'd suspect. They interpret the command, change it to a machine readable command, and send it through to the devices. When I first started using them, I had to change the names of all of my Amazon devices, as they matched my Sonos speakers, and I was constantly getting music from the silly Dot, rather than the Sonos speakers. At the same time, I carefully renamed all of my Hue lights, just to be safe. Took a couple of weeks to remember what I'd named them to, but it worked 🙂
View original

5 replies

currently having problems with Alexa/SONOS in combination with Philips HUE.

Both Systems use same commands in Germany ("Alexa, lower volume in living room" => "Alexa, Wohnzimmer leiser") is dimming the HUE lights instead of lowering the volume ;-)

What's the name for these HUEs - 'Wohnzimmer' by chance?
Yep, both Wohnzimmer/Living room - as both is in the living room ;-)

Just wondering why "lower volume" command is lowering the HUE LEDs instread of volume - even im Dimming & Lower volume are two different words in german (leiser & dimmen)
That's more than likely an issue with the way Alexa treats the commands, I'd suspect. They interpret the command, change it to a machine readable command, and send it through to the devices. When I first started using them, I had to change the names of all of my Amazon devices, as they matched my Sonos speakers, and I was constantly getting music from the silly Dot, rather than the Sonos speakers. At the same time, I carefully renamed all of my Hue lights, just to be safe. Took a couple of weeks to remember what I'd named them to, but it worked 🙂
They need to be renamed, uniquely defined, otherwise Alexa can't tell Sonos and Hue gear apart.

P.S. Bruce, you beat me to it. 🙂
Luck of the draw, I promise 🙂

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings