Answered

Alexa smarthome Group "everywhere" comprised of Echo & Sonos Devices

• 18 October 2017
  • 6 replies

I want to add my Sonos to my Alexa smarthome everywhere skill and say "Alexa Play xyz everywhere" and music is streamed simultaneously to my Echo & Sonos devices.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 18 October 2017, 23:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

That capability is not available now, for any 3rd party speakers. It is part of an Alexa SDK coming in early 2018, but whether Sonos speakers are capable of using this feature, nobody knows.
Thank you. I'll stay tuned
Upvote
Seems stupip when Sonos states "uses Alexa" when they mean they utilize only parts.

My Alexa Dots connect to additional HiFi receivers as, obviously, the sound from the Alexa Dots is horribe. The Soois speaks, Sound Beam and Sonos Woofer make more than adequate sound delivery. And they can be made to connect to a whole house wi-fi set-up from using iTunes wherby they connect through Apple Express Ports.

But, as usual with all these propritary feuding siblings, you cannot stream Pandora from the iTunes Library and Apple offers minimum, in my estmation, decent playlists. Yes, you ask Pandora to play through the Sonos speakers but that leaves out the addition HiFi setup elsewhere.
Dang, this annoying, greedy, and childish, and so Middde School. Sonos needs to grow up, or take Ritalin and focus, focus.
This is also a feature that I would like. Does anyone know of a set up for submitting feedback or feature requests to Sonos and Amazon?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is also a feature that I would like. Does anyone know of a set up for submitting feedback or feature requests to Sonos and Amazon?

There is a feedback option in the Alexa App>Help & Feedback>Send Feedback. For Sonos, this forum is the best approach. However, as the syncing technology that Sonos use is proprietary and is part of their unique technical solution, I don't see this ever happening. Amazon can group Alexa and non-Alexa stand-alone speakers together but no multi-room speakers.