Alexa skill for Sonos has to constantly disabled and re-enabled

Just recently have been experiencing a problem using the Alex skill, where I have to almost daily disable then re-enable the skill to get it working.  I have several Amazon echo devices that I use and dedicate a Sonos speaker to, and a total of 3 Amazon accounts, which has not been a problem up unitl now.  It seems that when I disable and re-enable under one Amazon device/account, at some point I will have to do the same under another.  Again, all of this has been working great up until recently.  Note: I do have a Sonos boost on my network.

Anyone else running into this, any fixes?  Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Your problem is with your 3 Amazon accounts. The relationship between a Sonos and Amazon account must be a 1:1 relationship.

First, a correction in that although I have three Amazon accounts only two are used in controlling and using the Sonos skill.  I too thought that using multiple Amazon accounts was the problem as well. However I am still able to play music on the Sonos speakers associated with these accounts, at least for a period of time. In fact currently doing so right now. The issue seems to be that after a period of time they have to be disabled and re-enabled.  All of this had been working for nearly two years, Which leads me to believe that there is a problem with the app.

Thanks for your input. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If there is a problem, it won't be with the App as all voice commands are processed in the cloud.

Can you please disable the Sonos skill, then log out of all Amazon accounts on your device. Then, Enable the Sonos skill linking with the same Amazon account that has been added as a music service within the Sonos App.

Will give that a try. Thanks. 

Finished doing this on all of the accounts. Will test throughout the day and tomorrow to see if the problem still exists. Thanks.

It is still happening.  This was not been a problem for the past two years.  Still believe this a problem with app.  Thanks again for your input anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Okay. Can you Disable the Sonos skill again and then ensure that you log out of ALL Amazon Apps on your device. Then Enable the same Amazon account that you have added as a music service within the Sonos App.

That’s what I did. 
Will try again tomorrow. Is there a significance to doing it one more time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The significance is the logging out of all other Amazon Apps and accounts before Enabling the Sonos skill.

Maybe I’m  misunderstanding.  I already did this with the Amazon Alexa app for each account. Are you saying to log out of the regular Amazon app as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Maybe I’m  misunderstanding.  I already did this with the Amazon Alexa app for each account. Are you saying to log out of the regular Amazon app as well?

Yes, you need to log out of all Amazon related Apps.  Otherwise it can mess with the Amazon access authorisation.

Okay. Will give that a try. Thanks. 

It works!!! Two days running and no disabling and re-enabling of the app. Thank you so much, would never have thought about this as a method to resolve the problem.