Answered

Alexa says she is playing a song from Amazon Music but no sound - I have tried the 3 step reset process

• 10 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I have had my Sonos Beam for a couple of months now and it has all been working fine, and songs requested have played okay.

Yesterday my partner requested a radio station to be played, Alexa used the TuneIn service. Ever since we have been unable to hear songs from Amazon Music Unlimited. I ask Alexa to play them and she says they will start playing but there is no music.

Ever since I have been trawling this forum trying to find a solution, but nothing has worked
I have tried all 3 reset options on this forum post with no improvement
https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126

I can confirm we have no duplicate names for devices and the Amazon Music services are added correctly
We do have a Sonos One in the bedroom, but that was unplugged before the issue started and we have not plugged it in since.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?
Is it the very recent 9.1 update causing this issue?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Edward R 11 September 2018, 14:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Well I see that no-one had any great advice - typical of most help forums
I ended up doing a full factory reset which has worked, but wasnt an option I wanted to take

Thanks for your help, and good luck to others looking for assistance - you're gonna need it
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, Andy. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I find the lack of promptness in receiving a reply to be characteristic of forums in general, as you say. For future reference, if you require assistance in real-time, please feel free to use one of our other support mediums. With that being said, I am glad you are back up-and-running. Please do let us know if you need anything else - we always endeavour to respond as quickly as possible.