Answered

Alexa says: "I didn't find anything that can play music in ..."

• 9 June 2018
  • 4 replies

I bought a Sonos One today and got Alexa working in The Netherlands just flawlessly ... although they say its not available overhere ... I activated the Sonos Skill, Hue Skill and can control lights and play music on my One ... I can add my other speakers / rooms to the Smart Home Skills in the Alexa-app, have used unique names and when I ask Alexa to play some music by any artist she responds with: " I didn't find anything that can play music in the living room (or master bedroom or kids room) ...

I have restarted my speakers twice, reset the whole system, began form scratch twice ... but still ... It worked once this afternoon ... so it it possible to say to Alexa to play music on another speaker in my network ... but she thinks it's not possible ... although they are visible in the Alexa-app ... what can be the issue? Anyone had similar experiences?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 June 2018, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Even I faced the same problem when I bought my Alexa and I couldn't sync it at all with my iPhone 6s. After some wanderings in Google when I couldn't figure out the resolution, I straightaway went to Apple Helpline UK who easily set things right. Now, it is pairing fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is probably a result of the service not being supported in your country but there are a few things you can check:

1/ Have you added the same music sources to both Sonos and Alexa?
2/ If you open the Alexa App>Settings>Devices is your Sonos One showing as 'on-line'? (You should see two entries for each Sonos One, One for the hardware called the same as the Sonos Room and another for the Alexa component probably called 'Your Name' Sonos One)
3/ Can you open the Alexa App>Settings>History and make sure that Alexa heard you correctly?
4/ Select Alexa App>Music, Video & Books> and then click on the music source you are wanting to play from. Are you able to navigate to that music source?

Let us know how you get on.
This is probably a result of the service not being supported in your country but there are a few things you can check:

1/ Have you added the same music sources to both Sonos and Alexa?
2/ If you open the Alexa App>Settings>Devices is your Sonos One showing as 'on-line'? (You should see two entries for each Sonos One, One for the hardware called the same as the Sonos Room and another for the Alexa component probably called 'Your Name' Sonos One)
3/ Can you open the Alexa App>Settings>History and make sure that Alexa heard you correctly?
4/ Select Alexa App>Music, Video & Books> and then click on the music source you are wanting to play from. Are you able to navigate to that music source?

Let us know how you get on.

Well, the musicservices aren't the issue ... I can play music on my Sonos-One with no issues (ok ok, she says she cannot find songs, that's another issue). The problem is, that she says that she cannot find my other existing Sonos-speakers int he rooms I mention. But, they are visible in the app (both Sonos and Alexa) ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, can you try the steps I've listed in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126