Question

Alexa Routine - Volume/Pausing

• 22 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
It seems that the Alexa routines do not support the Sonos yet. Can you add the skill to allows routines to change the volume for a sonos device and pause. Would need both capabilities to allow the TV volume to lowered since pausing does nothing for the playbar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You currently can’t add sonos to a routine directly in the Alexa app, but if you happen to have lutron Caseta light switches with the lutron app you can add sonos to a scene in that app. Scenes created in the lutron app can be added to Alexa routines. For example, I have a routine in the Alexa app for arriving home which triggers a scene from lutron that turns my lights on and starts a playlist on my sonos one. I also have routine when I leave that turns my lights off and pauses my sonos one.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I use Alexa routines in the morning to turn on my lights and coffee maker and when I leave home to turn off everything. I would really like to add Sonos to this: In the morning put my zones in specific groups, adjust the volume and play my favorite radio station. When I leave I would like to be able to pause all Sonos speakers. Would be great if support for Alexa routines would be added soon.