Answered

Alexa responds on my Sonos Move in another room.

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sometimes when I ask my Echo Dot Alexa located in the Kitchen to play a station on the Kitchen Sonos 5, she answers, "Station playing in Kitchen" on my Sonos Move in another room on the other side of the house. The station does play on the Sonos 5 in the Kitchen. The same thing will happen if I ask her about the weather or time. This is annoying because we can't hear her response.

I tried logging out of both Sonos and Alexa, resetting my router, updating Sonos, cycling power and even changing my Amazon password. I also have a Sonos 3 in the Bedroom and a Connect:Amp in the Living Room. I've installed Sonos Voice Control on my Sonos Move. My setup worked fine for about a year and just started this problem about 2 months ago.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 9 January 2024, 13:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @J-man,

You’ve done the steps I would recommend, except removing and re-adding the Sonos skill in the Alexa app. I would recommend trying that but if it doesn’t resolve your issue, then reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting assistance.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Well, I re-added the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and thought it worked, but the problem resurfaced within a couple of days. I will contact the support team.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I finally gave up and removed the Alexa voice control from the Sonos Move. I tried disabling/enabling the Sonos skill and re-registering Alexa, but that didn’t work. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/alexa-commands-not-working-on-sonos

I finally gave up and removed the Alexa voice control from the Sonos Move. I tried disabling/enabling the Sonos skill and re-registering Alexa, but that didn’t work. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/alexa-commands-not-working-on-sonos

Maybe reach out to the support team for further troubleshooting assistance, as mentioned by the Staff above.