Alexa responds but then nothing

• 27 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Alexa responds when her name is spoken and after I ask her to play for instance BBC radio 6 music she says, Sorry I’m having trouble please try in a little while.  

What is the problem here.  I’ve tried removing the voice assistant and re-adding as well as disabling/re-enabling the skill and linking my BBC account within the Alexa app but still get the same message.  

All devices are up to date.   Same thing happens on both Play One and my Beam.  Used to work flawlessly but stopped working some months ago.  

I thought it might be the wifi but the Beam is about 2 feet from the router.  

Any suggestions before I lose the will to live.  

Thanks in advance 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Is this just with the BBC or with streaming as well?

Userlevel 7

Are you using a music service like TuneIn to play BBC radio?

Hi thanks for replying,

it’s with all streaming services.  I use BBC Sounds and tune-in mainly when they work.  The beam used to turn the tv on & off but that won’t work now either. 

frustrating

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router? Also try unplugging your Beam and One from power.

Have you tried rebooting your router? Also try unplugging your Beam and One from power.

This is the first thing we tried.