Alexa refuses to stop Spotify

• 13 December 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a stereo pair ones and all have worked well with Alexa until just recently when I noticed Alexa won’t stop playing when I say Alexa stop or Alexa stop Spotify. It hears what I’m saying since the confirmation sound comes but then it just ignores this command. She seems to think Spotify is not playing at all for some reason as I asked “what song is playing on Spotify” and the answer was “Spotify is not playing now” even though it was, and was even started by Alexa just a minute earlier.

Anyone recognize this and/or have a solution?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You shouldn't have to do this, but try "Alexa stop music on ". I don't think mentioning the music source is going to be helpful when stopping or identifying audio, only when starting audio.

FYI, there appear to be some changes going on with Alexa and Sonos "in the cloud" right now. A lot of folks are reporting odd behavior. It may be best just to wait it out a bit more as issue could very well clear up without any changes on your part.