Question

Alexa receiving and repeating commands but not doing anything

• 28 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I've had Alexa working fine for long periods but it stops working. It repeats the command but does nothing. Eg i say "alexa play rolling stones" it repeats command back saying "playing rolling stones on Spotify in kitchen" but then nothing happens.

I then have disabled the skill, then readded it, removed the device and readded it, removed link to Alexa and readded it, turned off and on again. Works again for a bit then mysteriously stops working. I have to repeat all steps above for it to work again.

Annoying as it's good when it's working

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have had to jump through similar hoops since this integration started as well. One of the things that solved this exact issue for me was ungrouping my speaker rooms in Sonos. Then everything starts working again even after regrouping. Hope it can help!
Badge
This was happening to me exclusively for Spotify commands.

The fix that worked for me was to start any song using Spotify Connect (Spotify iOS app to Sonos One). This seemed to send a "push" through the system. My next voice command for "Play Christmas Music on Spotify" magically started working again.

Nothing else worked including: disable sonos skill, forgetting devices, remove/add spotify music service.
Thanks guys I'll try the ungrouping. I resorted last night to using Spotify connect, which worked and this morning Alexa worked again. So perhaps that is the solution. However I did find previously that tune in does the same thing repeats the request and then does nothing so isn't exclusively Spotify.
Same problem and I only have one Sonos One