Question

Alexa plays other songs after the one I request when using Spotify

• 15 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
I'm using Spotify with Alexa on my pair of Sonos Ones. It used to be that when I asked Alexa to play a song, she'd play the song I requested and then stop. But now (as of a few months ago), after playing the song I requested, she goes on to play other random stuff. I don't really like this. Is there a way to get the old behavior back?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I am having the exact same problem. This does NOT happen when I use Alexa to play on the echo itself, just when it plays on the sonos. I've tried to post about this but Sonos doesn't answer. Have you figured it out yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Do you have anything in the queue in the Sonos App?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
no, it's not that at all. If you look at the Spotify account after requesting to play a song, the Sonos has told Spotify to use "autoplay" where Spotify puts a bunch of random stuff after your song finishes. Has nothing to do with your Sonos queue. Sonos needs to launch it's Spotify Connect session with autoplay: OFF