Alexa, Play Radio 2

• 17 October 2018
  • 2 replies

What am I doing (or saying) wrong?

Set-up: I have a SONOS Beam, linked to my Apple TV Box via the Optical Adapter HDMI ARC Cable. The idea being, when I'm watching normal TV I use the TV speakers and when I watch a film via Apple TV, I get my sound through my SONOS Beam. This works great!!

However, when I simply want to listen to music, whether it be Radio or a playlist,.. etc.
I say: "Alexa, Play Radio 2".
Alexa suggest she's found the station via TuneIn (or a playlist through Amazon Music) BUT doesn't play anything. I've checked the volume by playing something manually via my SONOS App on my phone.

NOTE: The Apple TV box is off.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, S0N0S_X_O. Welcome to the community. Can you try saying, "Play BBC Radio 2"? I remember this being an issue a little while ago. Please keep me posted.
Hi Edward R, this has since been resolved. This seemed to have been resolved when I removed the SONOS Skill from the Alexa App, then re-enabled it. All working as expected. Thanks.