Answered

Alexa, Play 1, spotify not working

• 11 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi I have an Amazon Echo Dot connected to a Play 5 via the line in in my dining room, and two sonos Play one with Alexa is separate bedrooms. I have a spotify Premium family account. The issue I have is that Alexa via the Echo Dot controls spotify (and other music sources) perfectly but with either of the Play Ones I cannot get Alexa to control any music service. I can use an iphone to start spotify on the Play one but Alexa wont stop it playing. All devices are on the same wifi and are logged against the same spotify premium account. Can you help please?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 11 February 2019, 19:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There really isn't a need to connect your do the play 5 via line in anymore. You can use Alexa groups (in the Alexa app) to specify that the Play 5 is the preferred speaker for the dot.

As for the Spotify issue, have you setup the Spotify account within the Sonos app? The account needs to be setup in Alexa and Sonos to work properly. It sounds like you did so, but the scenario your describing makes it sound like it's not.

When you say that you're using the iphone to start spotify, which app are you using? Sonos, Spotify, Alexa? Are you using airplay?

Have you enabled the Sonos smartskill? If not you definitely need to do that.