Answered

Alexa partially not working

Hello,

I’m facing a weird problem. I’m having Alexa enabled on my Move, my Arc and two Play:1. Alexa is working perfectly fine on the Move but neither on the Ones nor on the Arc. After saying “Alexa” the sound appears and after telling it “play radiostation x” it confirm “playing radio station x from tunein” but then nothing happens. As well, I have a skill setup for my favorite radiostation. After saying “play radiostation y” the skills start, the welcome me on their station and then - dead silence. All of this is working perfectly fine. 

Facts in reagards to the system:

3x Play:1

2x Play:One

1 Sonos Arc with Sub 3 and two SL as surround

1 Move

Of course, the latest software update is installed, controller up to date. WIFI/Router has been rebootet, no settings changed. If unplugged the entire system and bootet it up beginning with Arc and ending with the Move. If completely removed Alexa from all speakers, rebootet the entire sysem, setup Alex again - exactly same issue. 

Anbody got a clue what’s going here?

Bernd

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 March 2021, 13:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi. Please see my post here: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/tips-tricks-resolving-random-issues-impacting-sonos-devices-6845346

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The other thing to check is in the Sonos App/settings/voice & services/Alexa are all your devices shown as Enabled?

Hi,

thanks for the link, looking at it, right now. Settings are fine. I compared them, again after renewing the setup…

Bernd

Network isn’t a issue (Networking is my Job and DNA :wink: ). I have assigned reservations to the speakers to avoid issues. But usually a good (consumer) router doesn’t drop it’s lease table during a reboot - mine doesn’t (otherwise I get notified). They have their IP address since day one in my home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Network isn’t a issue (Networking is my Job and DNA :wink: ). I have assigned reservations to the speakers to avoid issues. But usually a good (consumer) router doesn’t drop it’s lease table during a reboot - mine doesn’t (otherwise I get notified). They have their IP address since day one in my home.

👍😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Although I haven't had the issue for a while, I have found that starting music from the App and then controlling via voice appears to reset something and voice requests then work! 🤔 It might be worth a try.

Sorry for asking 😋 but have you checked that the mic lights are on on the devices not responding?

I turn on and of the Mic a thousand times. Also tried that idea with the App (starting it there), no change. Not able to switch the station, move over to spotify or simply stop the playback.

Maybe I try your suggestion in regards to Red Wine, might try Gin as well ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Maybe I try your suggestion in regards to Red Wine, might try Gin as well ;)

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I turn on and of the Mic a thousand times. Also tried that idea with the App (starting it there), no change. Not able to switch the station, move over to spotify or simply stop the playback.

Okay. That just leaves a diagnostic after trying the voice command... Probably best before the red wine and gin! 🍷🍷🍸🍸 Please post the number in this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bernd Walter 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.