Answered

Alexa only plays one album from Amazon Prime Music

I have 4 Sonos Ones in my house, all set up at the same time and with the same access to my Amazon Prime music. However one of the units will only play a single album when you ask Alexa to "play music". If you ask her to play any other artist or album she cant find it.
If I go via the Sonos control app i can access all my music and it will play no problem. This appears to be purely an Alexa glitch and i cant seem to solve it. Any suggestions on how to reset Alexa?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 28 March 2018, 09:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you follow the steps I've listed within the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html
Okay that hasn't helped.
Now Alexa is saying that she is having trouble understanding (in a more american accent which is weird) and this is now happening on all 4 Sonos.
Any other suggestions? Or a solution for the new issue of her not understanding at the moment?

Edit: Reseting with a power down as per option 3 has reset back to the original problem. Thankfully.

The curious thing is she is saying playing form "Your Music" and can still only find one album. I think there may be an issue with it linking to the wrong Amazon Family account. Although it is showing as my account in the Sonos App & My Library in Alexa App.....?????
Ok tried a factory reset. Still only plays one album.

Changed name and factory reset. Still only plays one album.

De-authorized devices in Amazon, Alexa App, Sonos App, Alexa web app. Still only plays one album.

I'm gonna throw this bloody thing through the window if I hear the same song start again. :8

Is there a way to find out what location Alexa is looking for music in on the actual Sonos? All the apps tell me it is linked to my Amazon Prime Music account, and I can open up tracks through the apps. Its just the voice control that only links to "Your Music" and finds a single album... Every other Sonos she tells me its a station on Amazon Prime....
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
What happens if you ask for a specific artist? Can you submit a diagnostic and post the number in this thread?
If I ask for a specific artist then she says it can’t be found. And I am asking for artists I have definitely got in My Music.

The weird thing is when I ask her to play a radio station she specifically says playing a radio station previously listened to by my partner (who is on the Family Prime Music account). That’s why I’m thinking it’s something that is forcing Alexa to look at her previous playlists and not the Prime Music in general. I just can’t find any way to prove it.

How do I submit a diagnostic?
Okay this just got a bit weirder. The album which is stuck on Alexa’s loop, was one which I was sure was on my Amazon Music purchased list as I bought it through Amazon and got the usual CD Rip copy. But it isn’t there. It’s not even in my old orders list in Amazon. WTF?

So if it’s not on My Music (which is what she states when playing it) where on earth is she getting it from. It’s not Amazon Prime as she says that on every other Sonos.

And we all know that Alexa won’t play stuff off My Music Library (via the NAS).

Where is she getting it from???????
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, can you check a few basics for me:

- Have you selected a default music service in the Alexa App>Settings>Music & Media>Choose default music services?
- Can you confirm that you are logged into the same Amazon account on both the Sonos and Alexa Apps?
- Open the Alexa App>Music, Video & Books>Amazon Music. Can you select an artist from the list within the All Stations>All Artists (A-Z) list and play an album?
- Can you ask 'Alexa, Play BBC Radio 4' and see if radio stations are working via TuneIn?
Okay.

Yes I have a default music service pointing to Amazon Music.

Yes. It would appear that I am linked to the same account in both the Amazon and Sonos Apps.

Yes I can ask Alexa to play a radio station and she plays the last radio station played on Tune In.

I can also go in through the app and play music from my Amazon Prime library by selecting the album. It’s just the voice control which seems stuck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
That's strange as section two or three of the link I sent above normally sorts that issue out. Can you go to the Sonos App>Help>About and select 'Submit Diagnostics' and post the reference number in this thread.
Ok diagnostic number is 1915245220.

It is definitely linking to the other Amazon Music account as my other half only has that one album on her My Music, even though it is logged into my Amazon account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
And you followed the steps in section two of this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Ok diagnostic number is 1915245220.
It is definitely linking to the other Amazon Music account as my other half only has that one album on her My Music, even though it is logged into my Amazon account.
Hey there, FloodMonkey. If that is the case, make sure when you set up Alexa on Sonos, to be fully signed out of all Amazon apps on your mobile device. We've seen instances where Alexa setup will automatically take the credentials from another Amazon app on your device.

Let us know how you get on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay.

Yes I have a default music service pointing to Amazon Music.

Yes. It would appear that I am linked to the same account in both the Amazon and Sonos Apps.

Yes I can ask Alexa to play a radio station and she plays the last radio station played on Tune In.

I can also go in through the app and play music from my Amazon Prime library by selecting the album. It’s just the voice control which seems stuck.

Just thinking this through some more... Can you check Alexa App>Settings>{Your Sonos One with the issue}>About and confirm that it is Registered to you and not your wife?
Tried doing Option 2 again. Turning off all links in my partner's iPhone and iPad. Still no change.

Linking through my Kindle Fire (then trying on my macbook again after that failed) after making sure everything was logged out / deleted rooms / Alexa disabled / 10 second power off and still no change.

On my Alexa app there are now 8 Sonos's showing though. 4 are numbered "My name 1 to 4th Sonos Ones". These are registered to me in the Alexa App>Settings>{Your Sonos One with the issue}>About .

The other 4 are listed by the room name and these do not show any registered name in the About page, only the serial numbers.

None of the serial numbers match each other in, either the ones under my name or the room name.

The Alexa App History records that the Bedroom is the same as my first Sonos One.

I also have both sets of devices now registered within my Amazon Account in the Devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

This is correct, under Settings you should see two devices per Sonos One - one for the Alexa component and one for the physical Sonos speaker.

This issue is very strange and as it is only happening on one of your Sonos Ones I suggest you factory reset that device as per this article:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/factory%20reset

Followed by adding it again from within the Sonos App>Add Player or Sub
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Certainly odd. If you are still having troubles, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to troubleshoot in real time. This way they can have a closer look at the Alexa configuration over a remote session. Thanks!