Answered

Alexa on Sonos One responding, but not

• 29 June 2018
  • 8 replies

Since yesterday, if we tell Alexa to 'play realjazz on SiriusXM,' she responds with 'playing realjazz on SiriusXM' but no music ever starts. If you start the music through the app using her as a zone, it plays, but if you say 'Alexa shut up' she doesn't stop the music as usual. It seems the Sonos functionality of Alexa is tweaked somehow. Other non-Sonos functionality of Alexa seems fine, like if I ask her to tell me a joke or the weather, she does so joyfully.

How can I fix this?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 30 June 2018, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Can you try the command 'Alexa, put on (station of your choice) on/from SiriusXM in the (room name)'

'Alexa, Shut up' isn't a valid command 🙂 Please try Stop or Pause.
I have tried all Sonos commands such as what you listed. She says she’s doing it, but no music ever starts playing.

I know it isn’t a valid command, but it works! Silliness to get the kids giggling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I know it isn’t a valid command, but it works! Silliness to get the kids giggling.

lol :)

I've listed the most common causes of voice control issues in the Answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
You da man, UKM! Your post solved the riddle. I changed my email address with Sonos and had to relink/authorize everything again... both the skills for SiriusXM and Sonos. Thank you!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great news.:D
Back to her doing this again. I disabled the Sonos skill, re-enabled it and had to relink it to my account, but she still isn’t playing music. Any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Did you also disable and enable the SiriusXm Skill?
That was it, UK. Thank you!

So many moving parts with Alexa.